Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Kick it" #3...RuN a 5k 10k or Half!!!

Tys tried to hurry and get his phone out in time, but missed me crossing the line. SOOO these will do! :)
I had in mind to do the Farmington 10k. But almost had myself talked out of it when the deadline was 11:59 Thursday night and I was at the movie with my awesome sis in law! :) Well, there was no backing out. Lance called Tys and made sure he signed me up. I was in! haha Thanks Lance. He is awesome for getting me there, my brotha from anotha motha! haha
and the kiddos who I'm sure didn't really wanna be there!
Lance about to cross the finish line!
and thanks to my awesome hubby that didn't wanna miss me crossing the finish line. He brought the kids to cheer me on. It was so fun to see them at the end. Thanks babe! Well, I did it. and I always said it would be my only one. I think I might have lied. I might be up for doing another one :) Oh and I am proud of myself, so since this is for our record keeping...My time was 48:51. It was good, but I knew I could do better. We had breakfast and I thought they had announced the winners. So I left. Then Lance called and said "Dork, where are you? They just called your name for 2nd place?!" haha I got 2nd in my age division. It was fun! I wish I had been there to get my sweet medal and pic for proof! ha

2 comments:

erin said...

Way 2 go ash!! You are my running hero!!! Luv ya much!!

Cody and Meg said...

Um I'm just wondering if you could be any skinnier? Uh probably not!

xoxo