Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DiSneYLaND!!!

BEST IDEA/SURPRISE EVER!!! So Tys and I have ALWAYS wanted to just wake the boys up one morning and tell them we were heading to Disneyland. We never have been able to keep it a secret before, so we were proud of ourselves! haha and We figured now was our best chance at doing it, seeing how we had such great deals AND since we'll be adding another little one to our family, we aren't sure when we'd make it there again. The boys have been super lucky being able to go so much and we can only hope we can handle taking a 3rd one SOME DAY too! :) It was so fun to go with just the 4 of us and enjoy one last little vacation together before our family grows...perfect timing(minus me being 7 1/2 months prego...haha)!
the boys ended up in our bed that morning so this is right before we woke them up to tell them to get their Pirate Sweatshirts on and handed them their Disneyland tickets. They were both so excited, but I think Drew won for showing the MOST excitment! :)
Arriving in Cali...and the sweatshirts were off! Such nice weather there! Last year we ended up getting rained on and wearing ponchos, so we were glad to have the sun the WHOLE time!
The first day we headed to the Beach...it was perfect!
The boys couldn't wait to get their shirts off and play in the water. We didn't pack swimsuits, but looks like we should have! They would have stayed all day.
My 3 cute as heck boys!!!
Waiting for our shuttle to take us to our first day at Disneyland...YES they are playing Packman! Talk about old school!
At first Drew didn't want to see the characters...last year he was sneaking up the line to say hi. A little more reserved this time and picking his nose in half the pics :)

After riding one roller coaster and not REALLY enjoying it...(can't imagine why with this belly...haha) I decided not to ride any more of the fast ones. So Peyt got to go alone! They loved it. I think Matterhorn took first place for roller coaster loving though!
Every time Drew saw ANYTHING that had Buzz on it, he would say "that's me!!!" He really thinks he is Buzz, so cute.
So worn out...fell asleep during a shoulder ride and waiting for the shuttle.
and way to go Donald...he got them to smile pretty good.
Waiting for Playhouse Disney to start...
Don't you love Drew's glasses? haha...another FAVORITE ride...Toy Story!

Good posin' Drew :) They loved seeing Mater and McQueen.
Sick of picture taking, can you tell?
Yes, I am 32 weeks prego! haha No way of hiding under a sweatshirt in that weather during the day :) Yea for seeing Mickey!


California Adventure had an awesome World of Color show(I think that's what it was called)that was on the water. If you wanted amazing seats, you need to plan on being there an hour or more before.
More from Up, but they did other ones too.
and the traditional cinnamon roll...looks like Tys is in heaven getting ready to devour it :)
We rode Pirates a million times. I don't think we waited in line once.
Gotta love Fireworks...they are my fav! Especially getting them in January.
How about it was after 10 pm, the boys had been going all day, Drew was almost asleep...then we woke him up for the picture. BUT HAD to have the standard pic in front on Mickey. Love how happy Drew was and I had to bribe that smile out of Peyton. :)
Worn out boys! They fell asleep on the shuttle and didn't budge after that.
The plane put him right to sleep both flights.
Peyt drawing the Hollywood Tower of Terror...he kept telling us the story "and there were five people that went into the elevator and then a storm came!" that's as far as he remembered, but I thought the picture was cute.
Home sweet home...almost...just waiting for Grandpa Steve to pick us up. We can't complain, the lines were great, the longest we probably had to wait for anything was 20 minutes. I think we'll continue always going in January or February...great weather and great crowds!

AND YEA...we got to come home to our new home! We are finally in!!! On the 14th we passed our inspection and moved in on the 15th. Still a lot of work to do come Spring and well, even today! Like a backsplash, unpacking boxes, hanging mirrors and closet rods...I don't think the list will ever end :) But that's okay, we are glad to be here and call it home. Pics to come soon!

8 comments:

KT said...

I'm so glad you were able to make your Disneyland trip! That is so fun. How many days did you go to Disneyland?
We need to take our fam sometime this year, I think the kids are at fun ages. Except, London hates rides, there's got to be something there she would like though.
Glad you're house is done! Let me know if you need me to watch your boys while you organize.

gramma debbie said...

Looks like such a fun trip!! Love, love all the pictures!! The one on the merry go round reminded me of one with Emilee, Ryan and Erin when they were little! So many new things since I have been there, looks like sooooo much FuN! What a great surprise!!

erin said...

Looks like SO much fun. Made me want to go, too bad I have to wait another year or two. again, I love
That you were able to surprise the boys!! That, seriously, had to have been the best!!!
Glad your Internet is up and running so I could see your cute family. I was beginning to forget what you all looked like :)
LOVE YOU!!!!!

erin said...

P.s. Seeing you pregnant makes me miss being pregnant!! Enjoy the last couple weeks, she will be here in a blink of an eye!!! By the way you are a SUPER cute pregnant mamma!!! TRULY!!!

Sadie Love said...

I am so gald you guys had a fun time! It makes me excited for when Taylor and I are going!!

The Christensen's said...

That is so much fun I can't wait to have an "even" # to go to disneyland. Looks like you had a great time!! And BTW you look adorable you hardly look 71/2 months.

Shannon said...

It looks like a great trip! I am so glad everyone had a fun time! I LOVE Disneyland!! :D
And you LOOK AWESOME!!

Nachelle said...

How fun to suprise them, I love Disneyland! It is on my New Years Resolution list, we are going to Disneyland this year, haha! Love the new house pics too!