Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just a few...

Last night we headed down to my Aunt and Uncles house so Tyson could finish up their patio...we got to hang out with them for the evening and as I was there I thought back and realized how much I have always looked up to my "Aunt Traci" (as she used to make us call her just that!) I always remember loving her long thick beautiful hair, how she always has been so nice, even taking me on her dates when I was little while staying at Grandmas house, letting me come stay with her and driving her crazy by asking to hold her then newborn baby girl a million times, her and her sweet husband making us breakfast, watching her play with and entertain my boys(now the role has reversed! haha), whipping us up a yummy dinner last night, and loving the youth and welcoming them in her home and accepting them as her own, and most of all living her life as more than an example she will ever know. I love her to pieces and am so thankful to have her as my Aunt!
and just a few more...
As I think about my Aunt, then I think, wow, she is a lot like my mom, who is her sister. My mom has always been so thoughtful and selfless. I have realized over my life, I have rarely ever heard my mom talk bad about someone, which is an amazing quality. She is always wanting to help others. When she saved a boys life by reviving him with CPR and not caring one bit that he was a complete stranger. Or finding a great deal on some new shirts, buying them, and not minding if they didn't fit, because she would gladly find someone less fortunate that could use them. She is my mom. and I love her.

Then my mom, my aunt...they lead right to their mom, my wonderful Grandma! I have always had a close relationship with her too. She has been there to help me through the tough times of accepting and loving a new step-dad in our family, to support me through my activities as a child and most of all to just love me and know just when I need her hugs! Can't wait to spend our time together in Bear Lake and for the tradition you have kept with that!!


and how could I leave out my amazing sisters. Let me start with Emilee, my oldest sister. I have never met someone so willing to serve. I think every time I talk to her, she is preparing dinner for a neighbor, watching their kids, or doing something for the benefit of someone. It is completley true Em, don't deny it!! =) I have never heard her complain about it either. She is a great example that I love!

For my sister Erin, we have always stayed close, even through her moving away to Virginia. Thank you for always being there, through my best times and through some of the hardest and most challenging times in my life. I couldn't ask for more than when you need someone to lean on and she is there. For getting me back into running, when we were neighbors in good ol' Farmington, I could barely last 4 miles and you kicked butt! haha!! Seriously though! Another great example through my sister.

So these are just a few that I wanted to let know how great they are. When I first started my blog, I did the same thing for our Grandma Carol, and wanted to do it again. Maybe I will make it a usual thing, because I would hate for all of the people who have influenced my life and been there for me when I needed them to never know what it meant. So thank you to all of you and to Traci for last night in helping me realize I wanted to thank all of you...We have many great examples and influences in our life. But for today, it was these individuals I wanted to share with you!

3 comments:

gramma debbie said...

WOW! Thank you for all those nice things and for reminding just how much I have loved Traci and her example, my mom for always being there and those AMAZING daughters of mine that NEVER cease to amaze me by their actions and examples! Love you all!!

JN Designs said...

What a sweet tribute to all the ladies in your life. No wonder you are so amazing too!

Traci said...

Ash! You're too cute! I am SO undeserving (is that a word?)of those nice words! But thanks for making me feel so good! You and your cute family are a bright spot in my life and I can only hope I can be as good of mom as you are! It was fun spending some time with you guys the other night--I can still hear your boys little giggles in my head--they are SO yummy cute! And, btw...we LOVE our cement and patio--thanks Tyson! You do great work!!! AND--those cookies!!! Hello! They were divine--can I have the recipe?? Well, just wanted to say thanks and "right back at ya" cause really---YOU're the amazing one! Look up the word "amazing" in the dictionary and it will have a picture of YOU!! Love ya!!!! xoxo