Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just think....

Woah...take a deep breath because I am already feeling the water fill my eyes...As you go through life and get older you deal with more trials and are involved and notice the trials that others go through more intently. As a good friend told me about a member of our ward who was taken off life support yesterday, a Father and husband...even though you may not know someone very well...I can't help but feel an enormous heartache for those that lose a loved one. Death is the most overwhelming thought for me. Tyson and I have been lucky enough to have not yet experienced the loss of a close loved one or friend. As we talked about it last night, I told him how I really don't think I could ever handle something so extreme. I think about each and every one of the people that I care about and love in my life and wouldn't know what to do if they weren't here, to pick up the phone and hear their voice, to share a good laugh or best of all...just a simple caring hug. And not just this, but to think about all the trials we face in our life. To think how do I or how can anyone overcome the heartache and tears that come from this test on earth. I know in my weakest moments the one place I can find peace and feel the warmth I need is through our Father in Heaven, through prayer. It's just what I need to get me through anything, through each day...as a mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister....no matter the challenge. To think what if I didn't have that knowledge. I'm so thankful for it. Right now I am overwhelmed with gratitude especially for my wonderful friends. Sometimes you may not realize the power of a friendship or the need of those great friends. So thank you to them for being who they are and simply being a friend. and for my family. Lately I have spent a lot of time with just our two boys and my honey. I love them more than anything and can only hope for the chance to watch Peyton and Drew age and to grow old with my husband. Last night Peyton said "What will happen when you die, then who will take care of me?" and Tyson answered "You will be much older by then and won't need us to be taking care of you." Peyts eyes got teary eyed and you could tell it made him sad, and I thought no matter what...you will always want your mom and dad around, no matter how old you are you always need your family. Life is precious...I hope each day that I am not taking advantage of a moment missed or a laugh with a friend or family...because in the end it's not going to be the material things that mattered...but the moments of happiness that you can always remember and take with you when you go.

3 comments:

gramma debbie said...

Wonderful post Ash!! So tender and so TRUE~! I love you!!

KT said...

Very true. I've been wondering about this lately also. Mainly how that 4 yr old and 18mo old daughter's died b/c of pest control poisoning. You just never know what may happen, and I'm so grateful for my families health. Very deep, very grateful for the gospel to get me through those things. I agree.

Ashley Hardison said...

Crazy isn't it how life just gets busy and we forget to think of these simple things until something awful happens. It causes reflection and thought and it is sad that it takes something like that to make us truly appreciate the things that matter. I don't know what I would do without the knowledge that our gospel provides. It would all be so confusing. Thanks for your friendship through the years Ash.