Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend and a Happy Birthday to my MOM!!!

It was a good weekend...on Saturday I woke up around 8 with Tyson nowhere to be found...I figured he went golfing without saying goodbye, which he NEVER does, but thought maybe he was being nice to let me sleep...ANYWAY, I found him outside with weed blocking paper and mulch!!!! WHAT?? I know, he woke up at around 6, did his thing and headed to Home Depot to get supplies and was back at home getting the flower beds ready! I was so surprised and glad he was doing it and I didn't even ask!! Yea for "cute" dirt!!! You all probably think I'm crazy, but it is such a wonderful thing to get at least some of the dirt covered! Later we headed to Tri-City for some trees and shrubs...we ended up running out of mulch and also needed more shrubs...so these are just pics in progress...



Tyson helped Peyton in putting his tractor to use...he loved helping us...it was like his dream come true to be working with his OWN tractor!!






Today we got to head up to my moms for the usual Memorial Day BBQ and to pick up Peyton... she had him sleep over last night in celebration for her Birthday today! He loved it and I'll have to wait on a cute pic before I have any to post from it.
BUT on to our little party...my mom and her husband had drained their pool to re-patch some things and try to fix a leak. They were in the process of refilling it, so today the water was only 59 Degrees!!! That didn't stop any of the kids from wanting to get in(or just soak their feet)...INCLUDING grandpa Bruce! So here's a couple cute pics from our fun kind of swimming day at Grandmas...

Crazy Grandpa on the diving board....!



Another crazy pose, I think he has been practicing just waiting for them to be shown!!! haha jk




ALSO, Grandma got one of the things she has just been wanting .... a NEW CAR!!! haha, well, not the kind she could even drive, but the kids can! =) That is when you know she is a real grandma, getting excited about one of her Birthday gifts that really isn't even for her, but for all her grandkids!!! (Thanks for the great idea Katie!)

Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Bruce with some of the grandkids...the car is still in the box, but that was one of her presents...


Thanks to Breton, the kids got to enjoy the car right away!! Cute little Drew taking advantage of his turn to take a ride!

Thanks to Tyson for a project almost complete, it was seriously the BEST surprise to wake up to...and Happy Birthday to my MOM!!!! Hope you had the best day!

6 comments:

gramma debbie said...

Wow your yard looks wonderful!! Nothing like fresh turned dirt and plants to make it beautiful!! great job Tyson!! Thanks for the fun party and presents!! Love you all!!!

KT said...

Your yard looks great! It is funny how it changes what you get excited over as you get older. Isn't it? I agree though, we bought 3 trees, and I felt like I needed to have some kind of party.
Bruce is hillarious, I hope I'm that crazy when I'm old. haha
Can you please email me the bday pictures? I was too lazy to get my camera and take some. Thanks!

KT said...

Oh ya, and I'm glad you can't tell Avery's swimming in her underwear! haha

JN Designs said...

Your yard looks great! That is so sweet of Tyson to surprise you with that. Looks liek you all had a great time at your moms bday. You have such a fun family.

The Thurgoods said...

Your yard looks awesome!!!

erin said...

The yard looks really good!! Tyson..that is way to early to get up on a saturday..boy sleep in =)
Looked like a blast at mom's!! Love ya