Monday, October 19, 2009

ReLaxiNG SUNDaY...

Well, how lovely is it that my sweet little Drew was still not awake at 8:45 am when church starts at 9?? So I open his door to try and wake him, after about 5 minutes it works(he is my sleeper, that's for sure!) we scramble to get him ready and fed...finally making it out the door and to church about 9:15(remember I am solo with my cute boys while their dad is hunting). Out of the car we start to walk inside and Drew starts throwing this huge tantrum, honestly like I have never seen, especially at church! =) He wanted a nutri-grain bar, which I had for him, but it had broken in half and he was showing it to me and trying to put it back together, if you've ever tried putting one back together...you know it's impossible! haha So he then throws himself on the sidewalk crying, kicking and screaming. Really hilarious now that I look back and remember the 3 people walking in and out of the building looking at me, then Drew and just smiling. Thank heaven, I probably couldn't have handled a dirty look. =) Well, needless to say we made it into sacrament probably about 9:30 after calming Drew with a simple piece of gum! Who would have thought!?! Church is over after 2 hours for building maintenance and it was great after the "episode" really can't complain...and we go home for lunch and naps!
With a little of this entertainment...they are creative and loved it! This is why we aren't buying new couches anytime soon! =)


What a good brother, of course Drew is the one in charge of re-setting the pillows! haha


Then, our thoughtful friends so kindly invited us for a night of feeding the ducks, throwing some sort of something off the trees in the water(bombs away if you will) haha, and back for a yummy dessert and good chats while looking at great wedding pics! =)







We really are so lucky and grateful for all of our wonderful friends we have here in our neighborhood, couldn't ask for any better.


So yes, for us, a nice relaxing Sunday while my hubby is away...soon to be home! We can't wait! =)

3 comments:

KT said...

Ash I loved this post! Bring backs lots of memories of my kids tantums over the funniest things, and it's also never fun taking the kids to church solo. Way to go!
Glad it ended up to be a fun day.

The Thurgoods said...

LT thinks he needs to start temper tantrums already... I don't like it. Did you have to explain the fork print on your cheek to your husband? :)

Emily said...

And here's the thing. I saw you come into sacrament meeting all cute, with the boys looking darling as usual, and never would have thought that you had a rough morning because you were so composed.

You do have awesome neighbors - isn't that a great feeling?