Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reality


Everything is "ok" so far, BUT going to see my cute Grandpa in the hospital today just puts things into perspective, into what life is, reality. My grandpa has pulled through so many times, over and over again. But I can say that I haven't seen him look this worn, tired and weak. He has pneumonia, his heart is weak, and sounds like his body is just failing. A little bit ago, he was in the hospital, I went to see him and asked how old he was, he said "I will be 92 on my next Birthday, on Christmas Day!" He's gotta make it to his birthday. So today I asked him what he wants for his Birthday, he just pointed his finger and said "To get out of here". This cute man, is laying in his bed today, so weak, hooked up with so many wires(at least it looked like to me!) and the first thing he says to me is asking about my baby, not wanting the attention on him. Because he is thoughtful of others. My grandpa is really such an amazing strong man. I remember asking him once the advice he could give me, he said "Stay close to the Lord." as his eyes filled with tears, I could feel his strength and the true love he has for him. Reality is, cherish the ones you love, before it's too late. I wish I could say I am soooo close to my grandpa, that we hang out and see them all time but I don't, but whenever I do see him I love to get a hug and see the "sparkle" in his eye and hear him say "ohhh!" and feel the love he has for me and I for him. I love you Grandpa, I hope you can pull through yet again...but more than anything I want you to be happy and healthy! You are amazing! I love that as weak as you seemed today, you didn't lessen the grip on my hand, that when I squeezed your hand, you squeezed mine right back. Thanks for being you and don't stop fighting!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a beautiful post Ash. :) I know he appreciate your coming Saturday. He loves you all so much.

Love you!