Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Day of our Birthday Boy!

First of all, Peyton did not want to do anything but sit at home waiting for his "Birthday" aka: party to start. I tried taking him to lunch or to do something fun all day, and he kept telling me he wanted to stay home. FINALLY around 3 I convinced him that we should go to Chuck-E-Cheese. After reassuring him over and over that the party would still come after we got home if he left the house, he decided it DID sound fun to actually celebrate his birthday! So off we were and played for a little bit. We came home and got ready for the party and celebrated his Special day! It goes by all too fast and I wish we could savor it a little more... he is loving all of his presents, but most of all his truck!! He keeps asking if I will be home when he gets back from filling it up with gas. He has loaded the back up plenty of times and says he has to go to work or is on his way to Park City. He has a good imagination, but learns most of it from his dad. Well, Happy Birthday to him and I'm glad I got to spend the day with him...AND that he still wanted to cuddle with me today even though he is 4 and told me he IS getting bigger now...=)


Bright and Early this morning....


Playing in his new "Hideaway"


I threw some balloons in his room and put a little decor up while he was sleeping, he loved it!


Good ol' jeep at Chuck-E-Cheese...I think it's their favorite!


I thought their faces were hilarious....I don't think they blinked the whole ride!


Our sweet ticket prizes... 790 tickets will buy you this...!!! haha


Peyton's little friend Porter stopped over with a cute present he picked out all by himself...Peyton loved it! Thanks Porter for being so thoughtful!!


Another loved present that Peyton got....of course, it's a tractor! =)


AND the famous little truck, it might be too small, but he loves these cars whenever we go to my moms, and we knew he would ABSOLUTLEY love having a truck like his dads and he would get plenty of use out of it!!!


He had to blow a few times, but he sure got them out!


Thanks to everyone for coming! Peyton told me he didn't want a friend party, just Grandpas and sometimes he would say Grandmas too...so this year we stuck with the family party....it was nice and relaxing. Next year we will step it up and do the friend thing...

(was this one I was supposed to choose Nate, Matt??? Ya, I think you said this was your fav??)


Drew just lovin' the cupcakes...or the frosting???? hmmm...


AND this is to you Aaron, a historic moment, He finally made it to one of my boys Birthday partys, late, but yes, at least he was here, right??? =)


Another one of Peytons presents, I think Drew enjoyed it for the both of them!


Okay, so Drew wasn't too happy to have to be riding in back, but it still made for a cute..or funny pic!!


Peyton had a hard time deciding if he wanted a truck/tractor party or a Pirate party... last week when we went to the store, he saw all the Pirate stuff and I think that made his mind up... he loves to watch Pirates of the Carribean...so maybe that's why he chose it!???

Happy Birthday my little Peyt!!! We love you tons and wish you would stop growing so fast! Thanks for you continuous entertainment everyday... if only you liked to go to bed at night...!!! haha...one day we'll miss that you want to hang out with us till all hours of the night, so for now, we will just enjoy it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Looks like a GREAT day! Where did you find that truck? It is ADORABLE!!!! Thanks again for coming Sunday!

Hoenes Family said...

Your little boys are so handsome. You are going to have to watch out for the ladies with them!

KT said...

ok so you did beat me! I posted mine today though! I'm almost caught up:)
Glad he really did like his tractor. That is the coolest truck

Emily said...

Wow - what an AWESOME birthday. I should have you come and throw my kids a party. I am impressed that you let them have those gigantic suckers!